Visit and “Like” the CUPE Manitoba Human Rights Committee Facebook Page!
- by the elimination of discrimination, including systemic discrimination, on the following grounds: ancestry, including colour and perceived race; ethnic background or origin; age; nationality or national origin; political belief, association or activity; religion or creed; sex, including pregnancy; marital or family status; sexual orientation/gender identification; physical or mental disability;
- by promoting and educating about employment equity principles, in order to achieve an understanding that special measures may sometimes be necessary to overcome systemic discrimination;
- by encouraging and promoting participation from all the equity-seeking groups at every level of local union and Division activity;
- by promoting equity issues in publications and newsletters and by encouraging attendance at CUPE Conferences and courses dealing with racism and discrimination;
- by promoting collective bargaining language that deals with Pay Equity, Employment Equity, Duty to Accommodate, and other anti-racism/discrimination issues;
- by working with CUPE Manitoba to lobby all levels of government to strengthen legislation which furthers our Equality and Human Rights goals, and to adequately fund organizations which provide services to members of equity-seeking groups.
Check out the Human Rights Committee Photo Gallery.