CUPE Manitoba is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant position.
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for providing effective administrative support to CUPE Manitoba.
Core responsibilities include the provision of general clerical and administrative support services in CUPE Manitoba. Reporting to the President of CUPE Manitoba, the Administrative Assistant performs a range of clerical/administrative functions to support the work of CUPE Manitoba.
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Recognized secretarial course and/or 2 years directly related experience
- Demonstrated ability as an event planner on small or large scale
- Demonstrated keyboarding speed of 40-50 wpm
- Demonstrated competence of excellent written, oral and telephone communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act in a professional manner
- Ability to operate all general office equipment (postage meter, photocopier, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organizational ability to manage own time and tasks and deliver on multiple priorities/deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong writing skills for preparing letters, notices, emails, etc.
- Knowledge of CUPE at the Local, Provincial, Regional and National level
- Knowledge of the broader Manitoba labour movement
- Knowledge of all levels of government
Duties and Responsibilities
- General receptionist duties; answer phone and direct as necessary, open/date stamp and distribute mail
- Prepare and finalize letters, notices, agendas and minutes as directed by CUPE Manitoba President
- Maintain office filing system
- Provide support/organizing for CUPE Manitoba conferences and annual provincial convention.
- Make necessary arrangements including scheduling of meetings, conferences and convention as required
- Maintains CUPE Manitoba office and ensures timely flow of correspondence and other tasks
- Other duties as assigned by the CUPE Manitoba President on a day to day basis
This is a full time position, 70 hours biweekly. The hours of work are 8:30am-4:00pm.
Please forward all resumes in confidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include a summary of your related experience. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until October 9, 2020 at 4:30pm.
About CUPE Manitoba
The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) is Canada’s largest trade union, with over 625 000 members. CUPE Manitoba is the provincial organization for CUPE with 25 000 members in Manitoba. CUPE Manitoba serves as the provincial coordinating body for the union on a province-wide basis. Core functions include education, legislative lobbying and is the political voice for CUPE throughout Manitoba.