Joining CUPE is the best decision you can make to improve your job, secure fairness in your workplace, and make life better for you and your family. Take control of your future.
Get in touch with CUPE today. Your call/email is confidential.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you receive with CUPE membership:
- YOU have the support of CUPE’s trained experts in bargaining, research, legal advice, health and safety, equality, education, job evaluation and communications.
- YOU have the ability, together with your co-workers, to negotiate a union contract backed by the strength of Canada’s largest union. Union contracts secure wages, benefits, pensions, and workplace conditions. Contracts also provide a clear dispute procedure to protect you from unfair discipline and dismissal.
- YOU have more rights, better pay, and improved benefits in a union contract. With a union contract, you negotiate provisions that exceed minimum legal standards – rights workers otherwise simply would not have or could lose if not secured by a contract. Union contracts protect you from sudden changes in law by governments.
- YOU are also less likely to suffer harassment or discrimination. Union members have enforceable rights in their contacts and have professional union representation on their side.
- YOU have access to educational opportunities and the ability to provide leadership through elected positions in your CUPE local and affiliated union organizations.
Where you find CUPE members, you’ll also see the big impact their union has made on wages, benefits, working conditions and the quality of life in the communities where CUPE members live and work.
Join a union today!