All Manitobans, including CUPE members and their families may experience higher levels of anxiety and may need extra support or accommodations. That is OK. We encourage members to use the resources available to them.
No matter where you work: on the front-lines of health care, in a crown corporation, schools, day cares, your municipality, university, social services, the private sector, are out of work, or working from home, it’s ok to ask for help.
- If workers need support, please contact your Employee Assistance Programs (if your workplace offers one).
- The Manitoba Suicide Prevention and Support line is 1-877-435-7170.
- Members and their families can contact 211 or visit 211.ca for community resources.
- During this time people may experience a difficult situation at home. While stress does not cause domestic violence there may be an increase of incidents/volatility.
- People in Manitoba needing to access shelters or speak with someone about their relationship can call 1-877-977-0007. Call 911 if someone is in imminent danger. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.mb.ca/stoptheviolence/know_someone.html
- Members can access supports through the Klinic crisis lines:
There is also a crisis chat line at: www.supportline.ca
PROVINCE-WIDE CRISIS LINES
Manitoba Suicide Prevention & Support Line: 1-877-435-7170 (1-877-HELP170)
Klinic Crisis Line: 1-888-322-3019 or 204-786-8686 or TTY: 204-784-4097
Health Links-Info Santé: 1-888-315-9257 or 204-788-8200
Klinic Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1-888-292-7565 or 204-786-8631
Manitoba Farm & Rural Support Services: 1-866-367-3276 or 204-571-4180
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1‑855‑242-3310
REGIONAL CRISIS SUPPORTS
Winnipeg Mobile Crisis Service: 204-940-1781
Crisis Stabilization Unit: 204-940-3633, press #2
INTERLAKE-EASTERN REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
24-hour Crisis Line: 1-866-427-8628 or 204-482-5419
Mobile Crisis Services: 1-877-499-8770 or 204-482-5376
Crisis Stabilization Unit: 1-888-482-5361 or 204-482-5361
NORTHERN HEALTH REGION
Hope North Crisis Response: 204-778-9977
PRAIRIE MOUNTAIN HEALTH – South District
Adult Crisis Line: 1-888-379-7699
Crisis Stabilization Unit: 1-855-222-6011 or 204-727-2555
Mobile Crisis Services: 204-725-4411
PRAIRIE MOUNTAIN HEALTH – North District (former Parkland)
Adult and Youth Crisis Line: 1-866-332-3030
SOUTHERN HEALTH-SANTÉ SUD
East of Red River – Crisis Response Services/Warm Call line: 1-888-617-7715
West of Red River – Crisis Response Line: 1-866-588-1697
Crisis Stabilization Unit: 1-855-320-1096
We encourage CUPE leaders to post these resources in your staff rooms.
We also encourage all members to be kind, check-in with each other, and have patience. Everyone experiences stress in different ways, but we all need our friends and co-workers at our side.